- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Here's my list:
1.) paid account/more icon space on here. I really just miss the icons but some of the paid perks were nice too so either way, I will love you forever for this.
(I'd also ask for a paid acct for ranifofani, but I don't play her all the time or anything, and I'd get spoiled having all that icon space and I'd just complain about it when it ran out, assuming I won't have the money for it.)
2.) maybe some rp time. And by that I mean, when I have free time after exams next and you know I've said at some point I'd like to do threads, then us actually doing a thread or just coming up with some plot sort of thing I can join in with b/c I fail at starting those and my characters are generally loners and don't get asked to be in fun stuff like that. The only real stipulation here is that, of course, it's someone/something I'd be interesting in playing at the time. Yeah, this is a weird request/want but there you go.
3.) Another odd-ish sort of thing but my google-fu seems to be failing me, if anyone can find/link me to a d/l for Iwan Rheon's EP Tongue Tied, that'd be lovely. I found one for just the song but there are three others on the EP that I can't find apart from on youtube.
4.) Um. Seriously, I would just love random stuff, like idk picspams or crappy (or not so crappy) graphics OR GIFS or anything like that of stuff I like/am into. I'd love that. Especially gifs that are small enough to use on tumblr. I think their limit is 500kb. :3
And by stuff I'm into I mean, basically anything you've heard me mention before. I'm into lots of things. You can check out stuff here, my interests on my profile, or my tumblr for ideas though. =)
5.) Basically anything Doctor Who-ish. Books/DVDs/whatever. Just you know, let me know ahead of time so I can tell you if it's one I have (I don't have a lot though) and so I can get you my address if you don't have it. Oh and included in this category, I've really been wanting a Four scarf. I know that's a big deal/expensive/time consuming though, so I'm not really expecting that one. lol. But books, especially some of the short trips or something would be great.
6.) BUTTONS. As in like badges/pins that sort of thing. I don't have anything other than Beatles ones and a Chameleon Circuit one really, so basically any you see that look like something I'd like/wear/are from a fandom/thing I'm kind of into, that'd be awesome. <3
7.) Handmade stuff. Like not as epic a project as a Four scarf or whatever, but if you're a crafty/artsy sort of person, I'd love bracelets or idk gloves or just a card or whatever you usually make/do. Paintings/drawings/stuff like that are awesome as well.
8.) Albums. LPs I mean. If you've got any you want to give away (not asking you to go out and buy any), let me know b/c I might want them. I mean, obvs, some stuff I'm not going to be into (and idk why any of you would be giving away albums anyway) but yeah, I love records and don't have that many. I don't even have that many Beatles ones. Specifically though, I'm looking for Dylan or Lennon or Harrison stuff, since I only have two George albums and I don't have any of John or Bob Dylan, well unless Bangladesh counts. Dylan's on that one but other than that I don't have any.
9.) A cape and/or a poncho. No this isn't Boosh related. ...okay yeah, this is totally Boosh related. Well, more like Noel-related.
I'm feeling: nerdy